Monday, June 22, 2009

Little Claire's Big Day

In my culture, it's a big deal to be asked to be a Godmother (Ninang, as they call it in Filipino). Yesterday, I became Claire Paige Parniawski's Ninang. Her mom, Agnes (whom I still affectionately refer to as Booger)is Melody's Ninang. Pictures I took:
Quite possibly my favorite shot of the day...those lights in her eyes make me happy.
Boogs was afraid her that Claire's christening gown was "over-the-top". I thought it made her look very angelic.
This is Boogs and Claire. The last time I saw Claire, I thought she looked a lot like her Grampy Mike. I think, as all babies do, Claire has changed and looked different to me.
I think she looked a lot like her Grammie Emma. Although, I think Claire was trying out her scary face and she doesn't look much like her Grammie at all.
Again, those catchlights in her eyes...my favorite part of pictures....
Brunch before the Christening at a restaurant called Almond. To Mike's left are Missy and Ryan - who got married last May (congratulations!!!) If you didn't read my blog in March when Boogs and Mike got married, Ryan is Mike's brother and was his best man (and my partner) in their wedding. I have some pretty good looking friends, if I don't mind saying so myself!!!
This was Claire, Mike and Boogs right after we woke Claire up from a catnap. She was holding me in contempt for this.
This was before the Christening. Claire's nickname (one of them anyway, because everyone calls her something different) is Beet. Notice how nice her hair is before the hair washing....
This was after the hair washing but before the ceremony was over. This is Melody putting on a Baptismal garment on Claire (who proceeded to take it off, drop it and eat it when it was given back to her).
This is my 2nd favorite photo of the day - she looks so naughty - just how you're supposed to look after the priest washes you clean of original sin...
This is after the ceremony (check out Claire's do). I'm just waiting for Beet to drop that candle on Angelica's head....she didn't, but it would have been funny...

Boogs and Mike, thank you for choosing me to be Claire's Ninang. I am honored (once again, by you guys) to be part of such an important event in your history.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claire is so gorgeous. She will be a heartbreaker when she gets older. Hope Agnes and Mike are ready for that.