Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Catching Up....

So the other day, I went to my first onsite meeting for my hybrid A&P I class (that's anatomy & physiology I). Professor Hanna - I like him. He's seems like a real nice guy, genuinely interested in your higher education and expects that you do all you can for yourself in order to earn your A.
I like that. Good thing too, because every other section of A&P I is closed...

Got through week 0 of my online photography class with Karen Russell. If there is anything that is great so far this year, it's this - I may become an online class junkie - this makes for #2 along with the hybrid A&P I.

As for pictures I've taken in the last few days:
Angel and her famous grimace....Love the funky smile stage, don't you...she'll be mad when she gets older and figures out that the above is not the proper way to smile...hehehehehe...good blackmail material. I'll keep that one in the back for pulling out later....

This is Tuck from the Wonder Pets! - one of Melody's favorite shows...if you're not familiar with them, they are 3 animals that live in a school house. When the kids are not around, they get a phone call on their tin can phone from an animal who is in trouble and they leave the school house to rescue them. Tuck is the Turtle, Ming Ming is the duck and Linny is the Guinea Pig. This photo is of an 18" stuffed Tuck (who happens to be wearing his cape backwards). He sometimes tags along with us in the car...

Later in the day, I let the kids take pictures with my camera - while my nerves are shot to hell while they're taking my camera around the house (always make them put the strap around them - I'd rather they hang than drop my camera - just kidding, mom!!!!). Dylan got these two photos of Melody:

Both of them were shot with my Canon 50mm f1.8 @ 1/30sec and 1/50sec, respectively.
Let's discuss the top picture first...
Dylan doesn't know but compositionally, this picture of Melody rocks - blurry background with Melody off center...nice one, D!!!

The bottom picture is cool too because Melody's face is blurry and you can focus on her finger. I'm not sure if she's imitating Dylan behind the camera or trying to check out a booger at the end of her pointer - but I nearly died laughing looking at the popeye expression on her face. (still giggling)

I will let them take more photos -while I'm right there with them. I will even try to get into more pictures with them....the rest of the week looks busy - end of the month - lots of stuff to do at work - on to week 1 in photography class, week 2 in A&P I....I'm getting so edu-ma-cated...YAHOO!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bernadette, I love all your brilliant photos and the stories behind them!! See u soon! Julie