Monday, January 19, 2009

A quick entry -

I had to work this past Saturday - it was pretty busy at work - I still made it to Dylan's hockey game - the Boxers won 5-4 with Dylan as the goalie...he's gonna need to work on staying up and not diving for the puck. It was by far though, one of the best games the kids have played all year....

I wrote two evaluations (one needs tweaking) this weekend. I'll be done with them all by Thursday. I will be going to do a CTMH demo for my friend Kimmie. We have a little club thing going (leave a comment if you're interested in anything CTMH).

We also started Karen Russell's online photography class. I'm super excited about this!!!!

This week begins the madness - I have a Brockton Youth Hockey league meeting tomorrow night. School begins on Wednesday - I'm hoping to get into a different section because I don't want this to interfere with work but I'm not hopeful about it. I did though score my textbooks for much cheaper than I would have if I bought them at the bookstore by plugging their ISBN's into Amazon.com and got them both from students on there. Yahoo!!!

It snowed about a foot here between yesterday and today...and finally it was warm enough for the kids to go out and play...I shot all of these photos with my Canon 50mm f1.8

Angelica was busy building a snow fort for the next time they go out to play - it looked more like the beginning of an igloo - but what do I know? I grew up in NYC where it snowed like 3 times when I was kid...nice nostrils there, Angel - is anyone up there? (no one here but us magic nose goblins...hey, I'm her mom, I get to tease) It's hard to notice but Angel has a little booboo right under her left nostril - she fell on her face the other day running full speed at the ice rink, while we were watching Dylan's hockey game.
This is Melody laying in the snow, attempting a snow angel.
Those are the icicles that formed off the gutters in the front of the house. It was pretty dreary in the AM.
I LOVE this picure of Dylan - the only thing that would make this picture better? Catchlights in his eyes but it doesn't even matter - certainly an emotionally perfect picture!!! Dylan is laying flat on his back after trying to slide down the snowy slide in the backyard.
Dylan wanted me to take action photos of him -
Dylan mid-air before the snow angel formation.

I don't know if Dylan thought that snow angels are made this way or not but his dive made for great succession shots...try it sometime - just keep your finger on the shutter and shoot away. Dylan, stop practicing the dive - we DON'T dive for the puck!!!!
This is Daisy - resident snow dog #2 - Buster was inside at the time. Both of my Pembroke Welsh Corgis love the snow!!!
Quite possibly our next Christmas card...thanks Daisy!!!

Thanks to all the girls at Kimmie's CTMH party!!! It was a blast!!! It always is with you chicks!
More pictures soon!

2 comments:

Just-Kim said...

I love that Dylan is making sure you are taking pictures of him falling into the snow. He never took his eyes off that camera! I love it!

Bernadette Deleon-Rees said...

thanks - at least I have one that will look when I tell them!!!