Saturday, August 2, 2008

My very first blog

So, my friend Kim started a blog about 2 weeks ago and I thought "wow...what a great way to share"....just anything and everything that I want to -so I thought about it and decided to take the plunge and start my own blog....I'll be happy if someone other than my kids want to see it.

For those of you, new to me and this crazy everyday I call my life....you probably don't know these things about me:

I'm a full-time wife to the most wonderful man ever sent to a woman. I'm a full-time mom to 3 cute people, Dylan, 7 1/2; Angelica, almost 6; and Melody, 3. I'm a full-time zookeeper with 3 dogs and 3 cats (earlier this year, we had a bunny who died of natural causes - I hope - and the bunny who replaced him, died in a tragic dog chasing accident most likely caused by the youngest of humans in this house, opening up her hutch with the doggies nearby). I work a very full-time job as an Assistant Branch Manager at a local credit union (that I love to pieces, sometimes). I took up scrapbooking a couple of summers ago and have managed to build such a crazy collection of scrap that my husband moved our family room upstairs so that I could have more (but not enough) space to house all of that scrap...whatta guy! I'm also mildly obsessed by learning to use my Canon Digital Rebel (that the same sweet husband got me 2 Mother's Days ago)...I've taken about 6000 pictures over the last year and 2 months with it. I believe that much of my blogging will include just the good shots - certainly, if I posted the bad ones, you would think I should return the camera for a full refund....

BUT as my great photography instructor, Karen Russell said "take lots of bad photos because those teach you how to take a great photo"...she has an awesome blog (on my blog list) with even more-blow-you-away pictures. As I become a more technically correct photographer, I will always strive to take photos that are emotionally perfect for me (as I would suggest to anyone who takes pictures to document everyday life)

For example: this is my youngest daughter's little feet (on the right). I took this picture on the last day of our vacation in Maine this year (we'll talk about Maine another time - maybe tomorrow) - I'm a said foot-a-phobe but they still belong to Melody. A few moments later, Melody was running through a groundwater stream that ran off into the pond (left photo). I don't think either one was the greatest shot in the world but they both made me realize that Melody is growing up real quick and
just how fast time and life pass you by - it happens everyday...I'm gonna make sure I take as many photos of it as I can....

6 comments:

Bernadette Deleon-Rees said...

Eventually - like I'm hoping tomorrow, I will get the hang of blogging in correct format...I'll be lucky if anyone comes back to read it tomorrow....

Kristin said...

well look at you!!!! Nicely done!

Just-Kim said...

Congratulations! Fabulous job starting it up. I can't wait to see where you go with it!
Kim

Mimi said...

Great looking blog. Looking forward to your next post.

scrapgeek14 said...

Oh man, now I'm going to seriously have to consider starting a blog up!

Great job, Bernadette!
:-)

* marie said...

you're definitely moving up in the world... hahaha!! about time! it looks great!! =D