Monday, October 20, 2008

Can I get any busier?

Of course, I can...I took my 2nd biology test tonight - photosynthesis, cellular respiration, parts of a cell, energy - 200 questions - I almost fell off my chair when the teacher said that...for goodness sakes, the Police Sgt. test that Adam took last weekend didn't have that many questions on it!!! It felt like it was easier than I thought it would have been - we'll see - we get our test results on Wednesday...

So I have class on Wednesday night, I'm working Thursday night, I have recognition night tomorrow at the Shaw's Center after work. I'm putting together the hockey league's Yankee Candle fundraiser before Wednesday (picking up the last of the orders tomorrow). I have to put together a CTMH demo for Saturday morning. We're going to the Keene Pumpkin Festival with my cousins in NH on Saturday afternoon/evening (after my CTMH demo). On Sunday, Dylan has a game at 7am, Angel has to go to CCD that morning dressed up as a saint and Melody and Angel have their skating practice at 4pm while Dylan has a goalie tutorial with one of the older players at 5pm. I will be on a scrapbooking store bus tour with Susan and Kristin (she'd better be going) all day on Sunday...that's my down time...

We haven't gotten Halloween costumes yet...maybe sometime next week. I'm not sure what the kids want to be...we usually get our costumes at the Disney store and we wait til the last minute so that we can get them on sale...we'll see if that happens...I'm not even sure that I can get home early for Halloween...

Took a few pics of the girls on last Sunday...Melody is still skating with the milk crates...if you wanna call it skating:
This is Melody, leaning on her milk crates - she likes to skate on her toe picks...

This is another view of Melody with her milk crates...she told me that she was skating real fast holding onto the crates...I think she was actually running on her toe picks, holding onto the crates...

Sometimes, she didn't skate at all...when she wasn't using the crates, Melody spent most of her time and energy on her bum...and she couldn't really get up without someone helping her. Still, she said that she loves skating...Angel on the other hand, graduated the crates last week...
Angel picked it up a lot faster than any of my kids...
She was doing it...she did fall a lot too, many times, completely flat on her back...thank God for helmets...
But unlike Melody, Angel can get up on her own and balance and manage to go 2 feet without falling...sometimes.
Earlier in the day on Sunday, Dylan had a hockey game...he played left wing again but will go back to being the goalie for this weekend's game...
I took this in the Pembroke locker room at 5:40am. I can't believe that I was up at that hour after watching the Red Sox game that ended after midnight (it was game 6 - they lost game 7 last night...maybe next year).
I love this picture of Dylan skating with no one from his team and 4 of the 5 kids from the other team. I love most everyone is blurry in this picture except for Dylan. I don't really know how I did that...I'm sure it had something to do with being focused on Dylan.

I also promise that not every post I have this fall/winter/spring will be of my kids skating or playing hockey. That would get very boring. Like at the beginning of this post, I'm SO busy...I'll bring my camera to recognition night and hope that my co-workers will let me take pictures of them but somehow I doubt they'll let me post the photos here. I will try anyway....can't wait til this weekend - hoping to get some good foliage pictures and pumpkin festival shots....only 4 more days til the weekend....keep on counting.

No comments: