Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

My parents came up to visit - it was nice to spend a little time with them. And now we can be somewhat restful for a few weeks...today was by far the best day of the long holiday weekend...and so I got these:
When I first started this blog, I talked about an emotionally perfect picture. While the picture above is not so bad (in my opinion), I like this one better.
...even though the girls are blurry because Angel and Melody were already moving down the slide. It's not the greatest picture ever taken (from a technical standpoint) but I love how Angel's screaming while Melody is happy to be holding onto her big sister.
Here's another one - This is Adam and Odie, the dumbest dog ever created. In this photo, Odie was kissing up to Adam in hopes of getting some left overs for a snack. This picture would have been totally perfect is I got all of Adam's head out of the sun...we were sitting across from each other at our patio table with an umbrella up...
Here's my pretty mom (in-law) who I have to say has been more patient with my incessant photo shooting than some others in our family. Thanks Mom!!! I love this picture of you!

I also got these pictures of Buster today:
Here's where I just called his name...
Here's what he did after I told him to smile....
And the retake because I told him he blinked.

Some news...I will be selling my old Canon Rebel xTi and the kit lens it came with (Canon 18-55mm f/5.6). If you are interested, it's a great starter camera if you haven't gotten a DSLR and want to start somewhere - it's 3 years old and was kept well. If you are interested leave a comment with your email address or email me at the following: badeleonrees@gmail.com
I can send you pictures and specs and any information that you need on it.

If you happen to be in the Southeastern MA area on Sunday, May 31, stop by the annual Scrapbook Cupboard yard sale - I'll have the camera with me for you to check out as well as vending some scrapbooking and stamping items that are coming from my stash (mostly stuff, I haven't or will not use)...click on the link above for details...

Memorial Day Weekend - an important day to remember those who have gone before us - especially the military men, women and families who everyday sacrifice so that I may sleep well and free. My family and I thank you all with all of our hearts! We think and pray for you often.

Gotta get the kids ready for bed and work on my photography class....Will try to post vacation pictures soon...

No comments: