Sunday, May 3, 2009

My new camera

I'm in love - with my new camera...

The weather here in New England is seasonal for early May, after we had 2 90 degree days a couple of weeks ago...so I sat with the kids in my half-circle driveway and took their pictures.
My Angel...
Since I began really studying photography, I don't often take subject centered pictures...but I still like them when they happen. A little bit of sunflare...I can dig it!
Sometimes, I think she just looks so much older when she is serious.
That's the last time she's wearing those pants...they're a little short...the good news is she's growing...good thing too because I think her little sister is almost bigger than her.

Awww...brother and sister-ly love! I knew I had them close for a reason.
Miss Melody in her favorite purple shirt.
Even though her face is not completely focused, I still like this picture of Melody. While her hair looks so dark here, she actually has some good natural reddish/brown highlights that you can't see here. Here is Melody with another dandelion in her hand...she likes to take them and feed them to Odie as a snack.
Here are my little ones, trying to make one big people tower. Here's where they started to poop out after the tower fell.
Miss Melody taking the spotlight....this happens a lot...

All the above pictures were taken SOOC (straight out of the camera) with my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 attached to my Canon 50D.

I'm still fiddling with my Photoshop CS4 program - just downloaded a bunch of free actions from
CoffeeShop blog. Will let you know how it goes but there are some really nice things on there for both Photoshop and Elements. Check them out...

Stay tuned for my selfless plug regarding a photography class (or 2)....

No comments: