Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm so tired....

I have been up since 3:30am this morning - I couldn't go back to sleep after waking up at 3am. We had to get up early because today was Dylan's first hockey game....at 5:50am...in Pembroke (about 15 miles away). The girls slept over mom and dad's while Adam and I took Dylan to the Hobomock Rink...and after I went to work until 2pm.

I got some pictures:
If you ever wanted to know what fresh ice looked like in a closed rink - there it is...

This is what fresh ice looks like when it's done. Both these photos and the one below were taken with my Canon 50mm through the glass, no flash.
It's hard to see in this picture but that clock in the upper right hand corner says 5:31 (am)...yawn!

I'm so disappointed that I didn't get a picture of him full uniform before the game - for a crack of dawn game, it sure was energetic...by the middle of the second period, I had no voice left...I'm sure that my hands and arms were shaky from fatigue, thus the slight blur - took this photo with my Canon 75-300mm at full zoom...no flash. Snazzy uniforms - all of our city's teams are Boxers (it's on the front of Dylan's jersey).

I took pictures of other kids but didn't want to post - haven't asked yet...wanted to see how they came out first.

Anyway, they lost against Pembroke, 7-2. Dylan was not happy about it - but they scored the most (4 goals) in the second half of the first period...when Dylan thought it was a great idea to dive for the puck - he missed a couple of times...thus the pep talk from Adam at the end of the 1st period and they only scored 3 more after that- one of which was a lucky shot that took an odd bounce off his blocker.

I'm seriously contemplating taking Karen Russell's 9-week online photography class called
"The Photographer's Workshop". Registration is on Monday at 9am PST. It's expensive but she's an awesome instructor/photographer. We'll see - between work and school and hockey and PTA and scrapping, I'm not sure I have time to do it...I'll think about it a bunch this weekend.

I should take a nap but I am going to start cooking dinner. I'm starving ....thank goodness hockey doesn't end until April...gives me plenty of time to practice my sports shots...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi berns, tita lyn here. just dropping by to greet you on your special day. we love you. we miss you too. May God bless you with what your heart truly desires. from uncle gigi,Gita lyn,grazie,jewel,gneo and gillian