Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's a Little Strange

It's a little strange to drop all three kids off to school. I'm so used to having at least Melody at home....she started nursery school last Thursday. With the day off today, I got to bring them to school today - so what did I do with my 2 1/2 kid-free hours? I sorted out mail and threw out a lot of papers that I hadn't gotten the chance to go through. Junk mail is such a waste of paper.

I read some pages of chapter 5 in my biology textbook. And then I had to pick up Melody - after picking up cat and dog food at the grand re-opening of our local Wal-Mart, I came home and cooked us lunch. I also made the kids snacks for when they come home and baked a loaf of beer bread.

What would I rather have been doing?

Taking pictures or scrapping or making Christmas cards or fixing my scrap room or soaking in the hot tub. Any of those would have suited me just fine - the other kids will be home in a little over an hour and so won't Adam - and it will probably look like I didn't do anything at all - because the girls' room still looks like a bomb hit it after Melody got home.

Still, it's a little strange being home when noone else is there because they all have some place to be.

This was taken on the night of the first day of school. The morning was too much of a rush to get good pictures. I learned that if you are going to have part of someone's face in focus in a picture, make sure that it is their eyes. Hard to see, but much of Melody's face and below that is slightly OOF, but her eyes are sharply focused.

And now that she's in school.....
...Melody thinks she knows it all....it's just like my Uncle Mario said at Jay and Jenny's rehearsal dinner, "when it's your kids, it's just a matter of time." I'm sure he wasn't referring to my 3 year old showing me that she SO knows more than me in this picture.

Both pictures above were taken with my Canon 50mm. I did use my flash as it was getting dark outside and it was overcast as well...

Off to school tonight - tonight's lesson - the structure and function of molecules. And in tonight's lab, we build models of molecules. Exciting stuff, people!!! Maybe I'll bring my camera.

No comments: